Fundamentals of Forensic Science by Max M. Houck - PDF free download eBook
Book by Max M. Houck
- Published: Sep 29, 2015
- Reviews: 2
Fundamentals of Forensic Science, Second Edition, provides an introduction to the basic principles of forensic science. The book begins at a crime scene and ends in the courtroom. The book is divided into six parts.Part 1 provides an overview of...
Details of Fundamentals of Forensic Science
- Publication date
- Feb 03, 2010
- Book language
- PDF, FB2, EPUB, MOBI
- File size (in PDF)
- 5949 kB
Some brief overview of this book
Fundamentals of Forensic Science, Second Edition, provides an introduction to the basic principles of forensic science. The book begins at a crime scene and ends in the courtroom. The book is divided into six parts.
Part 1 provides an overview of criminal justice and forensic science, covering the basics of crime scene investigation and the nature of evidence. Part 2 discusses analytical tools, including microscopy, Raman spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, atomic spectroscopy, and separation methods. Parts 3 to 5 discuss the various types of forensic evidence collected, categorized by the types of science employed in their analysis physical science, chemical science, and biological science.
These include pathology; anthropology and odontology; entomology; serology and bloodstain pattern analysis; DNA analysis; forensic hair examinations; forensic toxicology; fiber and paint analysis; friction ridge examination; and firearms and tool marks. Part 6 discusses the legal aspects of forensic science. The book is written for students with a background in basic science, and it is can be used in a one-semester or two-semester format.
* Vivid, full-color illustrations that diagram key concepts and depict evidence encountered in the field * Straightforward unit organization that includes key terms, numerous feature boxes emphasizing Internet resources, historical events in forensic science, practical issues in laboratory analysis, and topics for further reading * Effective pedagogy,including end-of-chapter questions, paired with a clear writing style makes this an invaluable resource for professors and students of forensic science
See more interesting books:
- Lock and Key PDF
- Do You Mind: Your Brain and Nervous System PDF
- Trust in Me PDF
- Good Germs, Bad Germs: Health and Survival in a Bacterial World PDF
- The House at Tyneford PDF
- Testosterone Transformation: Lose Belly Fat, Build Muscle, and Boost Sexual Vitality PDF
How to download e-book
Press button GET DOWNLOAD LINKS and wait about 20 seconds. This time is necessary for searching and sorting links. One button - all links for downloading the book Fundamentals of Forensic Science in all e-book formats!
May need free signup required to download or reading online book.