Ever sustained a knee injury? Want to prevent one? Whether youre young and actively involved in sports, an enthusiastic weekend warrior, or someone whos simply getting older and whose body is changing, The Knee Crisis Handbook by Brian Halpern, M.D. will show you how to take care of your knees. Youll learn what to do if you sustain an injury, how to prevent a repeat injury, and how to help yourself avoid injury in the first place.
Inside youll find:
* Sport-specific knee injury prevention tips
* Advice on caring for your knees when youre young, older, or even pregnant
* What to look for when choosing a physician and physical therapist
* Treatment options, including acupuncture and other complementary medicine therapies
* Medications: what you should and shouldnt take
* What you can expect from surgery and recovery
* How to avoid surgery
* Complete exercise programs
With physical therapy strategies by Marty Jaramillo, P.T., A.T.C., C.S.C.S., and complementary medicine strategies by Robert Abramson, M.D.