Leaves of Grass(Barnes& Noble Classics Series) - PDF free download eBook
Looking for file leaves-grassbarnes-noble-classics-series.pdf to download for free? Use our search system and download ebook for computer, smartphone or online reading.
Details of Leaves of Grass(Barnes& Noble Classics Series)
- Exact title of book
- Leaves of Grass(Barnes& Noble Classics Series)
- Book author
- Walt Whitman
- Barnes & Noble
- Jun 01, 2009
- PDF, FB2, EPUB, MOBI
- File size (in PDF)
- 8640 kB
Some brief overview of book
Leaves of Grass, by Walt Whitman, is part of the Barnes & Noble Classics series, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Here are some of the remarkable features of Barnes & Noble Classics New introductions commissioned from todays top writers and scholars Biographies of the authors Chronologies of contemporary historical, biographical, and cultural events Footnotes and endnotes Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, plays, paintings, operas, statuary, and films inspired by the work Comments by other famous authors Study questions to challenge the readers viewpoints and expectations Bibliographies for further reading Indices & Glossaries, when appropriate All editions are beautifully designed and are printed to superior specifications; some include illustrations of historical interest. Barnes & Noble Classics pulls together a constellation of influencesbiographical, historical, and literaryto enrich each readers understanding of these enduring works.
When Leaves of Grass was first published in 1855 as a slim tract of twelve untitled poems, Walt Whitman was still an unknown. But his self-published volume soon became a landmark of poetry, introducing the world to a new and uniquely American form. The father of free verse, Whitman drew upon the cadence of simple, even idiomatic speech to sing such themes as democracy, sexuality, and frank autobiography.
Throughout his prolific writing career, Whitman continually revised his work and expanded Leaves of Grass, which went through nine, substantively different editions, culminating in the final, authoritative Death-bed Edition. Now the original 1855 version and the Death-bed Edition of 1892 have been brought together in a single volume, allowing the reader to experience the total scope of Whitmans genius, which produced love lyrics, visionary musings, glimpses of nightmare and ecstasy, celebrations of the human body and spirit, and poems of loneliness, loss, and mourning. Alive with the mythical strength and vitality that epitomized the American experience in the nineteenth century, Leaves of Grass continues to inspire, uplift, and unite those who read it.
Karen Karbiener received a Ph. D. from Columbia University and currently teaches at New York University. She also wrote the introduction and notes for the Barnes & Noble Classics edition of Frankenstein.
Download Leaves Grassbarnes Noble Classics Series as e-book
Press the button get download links and wait a little while. Using file-sharing servers API, our site will find the e-book file in various formats (such as PDF, EPUB and other). One button - all links for download in all e-book formats! Please do not reload the page during the search. A typical file search time is about 15-20 seconds.
Free service that helps find any e-book in automatic mode on private file-servers.
Small FAQ about download
- Book files are stored on servers owned by you?
- No. We do not store files, because it is prohibited. Our site uses the API of third-party sites that store files. That is, we are doing the same thing as Google, only within the framework of one subject. Third-party sites are multimedia services that allow you to read and download e-books. By subscribing, you get access to a huge library of multimedia content, which is updated daily. Services are fully optimized for all platforms - iOS, Android and PC.
- How time will the file be downloaded?
- Very fast. We regularly check (this is a fully automatic process) the availability of servers, the links to which we offer you. If the server does not provide a quick download, then we remove it from the list.
- Which format of file is better to download?
- Modern smartphones and computers can read files of any format. But the most compatible is the PDF format. For example, the leaves-grassbarnes-noble-classics-series.pdf can be read in Mozilla Firefox or Chrome browser without any additions.
All downloaded files are checked
Continuous automatic checking and verification of file checksums ensures that there are no viruses or adware. Our system uses several antiviruses at once to fully guarantee the cleanliness of downloaded files.