Long Island Country Houses and Their Architects, 1860-1940 - PDF free download eBook
Looking for file long-island-country-houses-and-their.pdf to download for free? Use our search system and download ebook for computer, smartphone or online reading.
Details of Long Island Country Houses and Their Architects, 1860-1940
- Exact title of book
- Long Island Country Houses and Their Architects, 1860-1940
- Book author
- Anthony Baker (Editor)
- Apr 28, 1997
- PDF, FB2, EPUB, MOBI
- File size (in PDF)
- 5076 kB
Some brief overview of book
An illustrated treasury of the most magnificent Long Island mansions and a compendium of the architects who designed them. Long Island, particularly the North Shore, was the site of some of the most lavish and extravagant residences in the world. The islands beauty, its proximity and easy travel access to New York, and its suitability for yachting and other recreational pursuits made it the perfect place for the leisure class.
From the Civil War to World War II, almost 1000 estates were built there, often by the nations richest familiesMorgan, Vanderbilt, Hearst, Astor, Woolworth, Chrysler, Whitney, Tiffany, Frick, and Guggenheim, to name a few. Long Islands rich architectural history is presented in this important and long-awaited volume. It is at once a fascinating glimpse at the homes of some of Americas wealthiest families and a complete compendium of the architects who designed these breathtaking houses.
Among them are Delano & Aldrich; Cass Gilbert; Richard Morris Hunt; McKim, Mead & White; Horace Trumbauer; Calvert Vaux; and Warren & Wetmore.
Download Long Island Country Houses And Their as e-book
Press the button get download links and wait a little while. Using file-sharing servers API, our site will find the e-book file in various formats (such as PDF, EPUB and other). One button - all links for download in all e-book formats! Please do not reload the page during the search. A typical file search time is about 15-20 seconds.
Free service that helps find any e-book in automatic mode on private file-servers.
Small FAQ about download
- Book files are stored on servers owned by you?
- No. We do not store files, because it is prohibited. Our site uses the API of third-party sites that store files. That is, we are doing the same thing as Google, only within the framework of one subject. Third-party sites are multimedia services that allow you to read and download e-books. By subscribing, you get access to a huge library of multimedia content, which is updated daily. Services are fully optimized for all platforms - iOS, Android and PC.
- How time will the file be downloaded?
- Very fast. We regularly check (this is a fully automatic process) the availability of servers, the links to which we offer you. If the server does not provide a quick download, then we remove it from the list.
- Which format of file is better to download?
- Modern smartphones and computers can read files of any format. But the most compatible is the PDF format. For example, the long-island-country-houses-and-their.pdf can be read in Mozilla Firefox or Chrome browser without any additions.
All downloaded files are checked
Continuous automatic checking and verification of file checksums ensures that there are no viruses or adware. Our system uses several antiviruses at once to fully guarantee the cleanliness of downloaded files.