No other writer can blend the science of the brain with the love of language like Diane Ackerman. In this extraordinary memoir, she opens a window into the experience of wordlessness—the language paralysis called aphasia. In narrating the recovery of her husband, Paul West, from a stroke that reduced his vast vocabulary to a single syllable, she evokes the joy and mystery of the brain’s ability to find and connect words. Deeply rewarding to readers of all kinds, Ackerman has given us a literary love story, accessible insight into the science and medicine of brain injury, and invaluable spiritual sustenance in the face of life’s myriad physical sufferings.
One Hundred Names for Love by Diane Ackerman - PDF free download eBook
Book author: Diane Ackerman
- Published: Sep 10, 2015
- Reviews: 143
No other writer can blend the science of the brain with the love of language like Diane Ackerman. In this extraordinary memoir, she opens a window into the experience of wordlessness—the language paralysis called aphasia. In narrating the recovery...more details below
Details of One Hundred Names for Love
- Norton, W. W. & Company, Inc.
- Publication date
- Apr 19, 2011
- Age range
- 18+ Years
- Book language
- PDF, DOC, FB3, TXT
- High quality scanned pages
Some brief overview of this book
See more interesting books:
- Paleofantasy: What Evolution Really Tells Us about Sex, Diet, and How We Live PDF
- Charlie Chan: The Untold Story of the Honorable Detective and His Rendezvous with American History PDF
- The small BIG: small changes that spark big influence PDF
- The Dead That Walk: Flesh-Eating Stories PDF
- The Cherry Blossom Corpse (Perry Trethowan Series #5) PDF
- Surviving Schizophrenia: A Family Manual PDF
How to download e-book
Press button "GET DOWNLOAD LINKS" and wait 20 seconds. This time is necessary for searching and sorting links. One button - 15 links for downloading the book "One Hundred Names for Love" in all e-book formats!
May need free signup required to download or reading online book.