For two decades, millions of consumers have trusted The Pill Book to provide official, FDA-approved drug information plus guidelines from leading pharmacists. Each drug is profiled in a concise, readable, and easy-to-understand entry, making The Pill Book the perfect reference when you have questions about the medications your doctor prescribes.The consumer’s guide to pills—more than 35 important new drugs approved for sale in 2002 and dozens of new brand names in this completely revised 10th edition
The most up-to-date information about the 1,500 most commonly prescribed drugs in the United States
:• Generic and brand-name listings that can help you save money
• What the drug is for, and how it works
• Usual dosages, and what to do if a dose is skipped
• Side effects and possible adverse reactions,
highlighted for quick reference
• Interactions with other drugs and food
• Overdose and addiction potential
• Alcohol-free and sugar-free medications
• Information for seniors, pregnant and breast-feeding women,
children, and others with special needs
• Cautions and warnings, and when to call your doctor
32 pages of actual-size color photographs of prescription pills.
The eighth edition of this best-selling paperback includes both generic and brand names, overdose and addiction potentials, alcohol-free and sugar-free medicines, usual dosages, side effects, and much more.