The Child with Special Needs: Encouraging Intellectual and Emotional Growth - PDF free download eBook
Looking for file the-child-with-special-needs-encouraging.pdf to download for free? Use our search system and download ebook for computer, smartphone or online reading.
Details of The Child with Special Needs: Encouraging Intellectual and Emotional Growth
- Exact title of book
- The Child with Special Needs: Encouraging Intellectual and Emotional Growth
- Book author
- Stanley I. Greenspan
- Jan 28, 1998
- PDF, FB2, EPUB, MOBI
- File size (in PDF)
- 4608 kB
Some brief overview of book
Stanley Greenspan, internationally known for his work with infants, young children, and their families, and his colleague, nationally recognized child psychologist Serena Wieder, have for the first time integrated their award-winning research and clinical experience into a definitive guide to raising children with special needs. In this essential work they lay out a complete, step-by-step approach for parents, educators, and others who work with developmental problems. Covering all kinds of disabilitiesincluding autism, PPD, language and speech problems, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, and ADDthe authors offer a new understanding of the nature of these challenges and also specific ways of helping children extend their intellectual and emotional potential.
The authors first show how to move beyond labels to observe the unique profilestrengths and problemsof the individual child. Next, they demonstrate the techniques necessary to help the child not only reach key milestones but also develop new emotional and intellectual capacities. Greenspans well-known "floortime" approach enables parents, as well as clinicians, to use seemingly playful interactions that help children actually move up the development ladder and often master creative and abstract thinking formerly thought beyond their reach.
Including vivid case histories, the book also offers deep and compassionate understanding of the stresses and rewards involved in raising a child with special needs. whose amazing work with autistic and other special needs children is nationally known, and his colleague, child psychologist Serena Wieder, have integrated a lifetime of research and clinical practice into a single, comprehensive guide for parents. Covering all kinds of disabilitiesincluding cerebral palsy, autism, retardation, ADD, PDD, and language problemsthe book offers specific ways of helping all children reach their full intellectual and emotional potential. First the authors show how to move beyond the label and observe the strengths and problems of the particular child and the key milestones that must be reached.
Next, they move step by step through the techniques necessary to help the child reach these milestones and show how to tailor these to each child. Finally, with a deep and compassionate understanding they outline the marital, educational, and social stresses and rewards in raising a special needs child. ... an ideal reference for the parent of a child challenged with autism, ADD, Down Syndrome, cerebral palsy, language & speech problems, or other disorders... teaches parents how to stimulate intellectual & emotional growth in the child.
More books by Stanley I. Greenspan
Download The Child With Special Needs Encouraging as e-book
Press the button get download links and wait a little while. Using file-sharing servers API, our site will find the e-book file in various formats (such as PDF, EPUB and other). One button - all links for download in all e-book formats! Please do not reload the page during the search. A typical file search time is about 15-20 seconds.
Free service that helps find any e-book in automatic mode on private file-servers.
Small FAQ about download
- Book files are stored on servers owned by you?
- No. We do not store files, because it is prohibited. Our site uses the API of third-party sites that store files. That is, we are doing the same thing as Google, only within the framework of one subject. Third-party sites are multimedia services that allow you to read and download e-books. By subscribing, you get access to a huge library of multimedia content, which is updated daily. Services are fully optimized for all platforms - iOS, Android and PC.
- How time will the file be downloaded?
- Very fast. We regularly check (this is a fully automatic process) the availability of servers, the links to which we offer you. If the server does not provide a quick download, then we remove it from the list.
- Which format of file is better to download?
- Modern smartphones and computers can read files of any format. But the most compatible is the PDF format. For example, the the-child-with-special-needs-encouraging.pdf can be read in Mozilla Firefox or Chrome browser without any additions.
All downloaded files are checked
Continuous automatic checking and verification of file checksums ensures that there are no viruses or adware. Our system uses several antiviruses at once to fully guarantee the cleanliness of downloaded files.